- NTHU faculty and students must show an Employee or Student ID Card to enter the Library.
- Dependents: The spouse and direct family of the University employees and faculty can apply for Dependent Library Card. Children under the age of 12 should have adult (at least 18 of age) supervision while in the Library.
- Those who hold the Library Membership Card (both entering and borrowing) must show their Membership Card to enter the Library.
- Faculty and students of UST (University System of Taiwan) can show their Employee or Student ID Card to enter the Library.
- For outside visitors at least 18 years of age, you can use your student ID, staff ID, or national ID card to borrow a temporary library card.
- During every summer and winter vacation, outside visitors who are between 15 and 18 years of age can use the national ID card to borrow a temporary library card. There are only 30 temporary library passes are available per day.
- The Library is protected by a security system. If an alarm sounds as you are leaving, it may be necessary to examine any library materials in your possession.
- Smoking, food, beverages, cell phones or any other inappropriate behaviors which may disturb others are not allowed in the Library. The Library reserves the right to deny a patron access to the Library.
- Computers in the Library can only be used for database searching.
- Use of library collections is subject to the Intellectual Property Protection Laws. Patrons will be held responsible for any unauthorized use.
- It is not allowed to leave behind personal items to reserve seats. Library staff will confiscate personal items which are left unattended on seats over 30 minutes. The Library is not liable for any loss or damage to personal property.