Wireless Internet Service
University faculty, staffs, students, and those with a valid ID to enter the Library may use the wireless internet.
- How: Users must have an account and password to use the system as well as follow the instructions after connecting to the system.
- NTHU faculty, staff, and students: please use your account and password provided by the University Computer and Communication Center to access the system.
- Other users: please use the iTaiwan system to apply for an account username and password.
For assistance, please contact the Help Desk on the 1st floor.
Public Computer Access
The Library provides a number of computers for library catalogs and online resource searches from the 1st floor to the 6th floor. Users must present a valid ID card each time they use a public computer. For users with printed card/documentation, please go to the Service Desk for the pass.
Computer Lab I
The Computer Lab I has 43 Microsoft Windows and 2 Mac computers for academic purposes.
- For University faculty, staff, students, and those with a valid ID, please present the valid ID card for use.
- For alumni and newly admitted graduates with printed card/documentation, please go to the Service Desk for the pass.
- University faculty, staff, students, and those with a valid ID can reserve seats within the next following 14 days via the Space Management System.
- Other users: please use the KIOSK to reserve seats and you can’t make reservations in advance.
- Reservation should be activated with the borrower’s Library ID Card. If the room / seat are no longer in need, please cancel the reservation 30 minutes before the reserved time. If the reserved seats are not activated with 15 minutes, the System will automatically cancel the reservation and release the seats for other people.
- Patrons must check out while they leave the Computer Lab I. The System can keep the activated reservation for 10 minutes for patrons’ short leave. Patrons can check in again after they come back to the Computer Lab I. The System would cancel the reservation and release the seats for others if a patron does not return within 10 minutes.
- University faculty, staff, students, and those with a valid ID card are eligible to use the Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) as long as they log in their accounts.
Computer Lab II
The Computer Lab II is specifically for educational uses only. However, if the seats in Computer Lab I are all reserved, the Library may open the classroom available for eligible users.