- Every patron must show an Employee or Student ID Card to enter the Library.
- NTHU faculty and students must show an Employee or Student ID Card to enter the Library.
The spouse and immediate family members of NTHU employees and faculty can enter with the Immediate Family Member Library Card issued by NTHU Library. Children under the age of 6 should have adult’s (at least 18 of age) supervision while in the library.
- Faculty and students of UST (University System of Taiwan) can show their Employee or Student ID Card to entering the Library.
- Outside visitors (at least 18 years of age) can borrow a temporary library card in exchange of your National ID card.
- Temporary library cards must be returned on the day of its use, or you will be fined NT$10 per day. A handling fee of NT$200 will be charged for a lost or damaged temporary card.
- Due to the limited study space in the Main Library, there are only 30 temporary library passes are available per day during the midterm and final examination period. In addition,10 of 30 library passes allow a two-hour stay in the library, and 20 others are not limited.
- During every summer and winter vacation, outside visitors who are between 15 and 18 years of age can use the national ID card to borrow a temporary library card. There are only 30 temporary library passes are available per day.
- Outside visitors at least 16 years of age can apply for a prepaid Library Friend Card in order to borrow library materials. Fee: NT$500. The Library Friend Card is valid for one year.
- If you lose your Library Card, contact your local branch right away in order to prevent the unauthorized use of the lost card. You are responsible for all use made of the card and all charges made against it until it is reported lost or stolen.You cannot lend your card to another user nor use another user’s card, or your library privileges will be suspended and you will be forbidden entry to the Library for 30 days.
- The Library reserves the right to confiscate any Library Card being used inappropriately. The cardholder is not allowed to get a new replacement.
- The Library is protected by a security system. If an alarm sounds as you are leaving it may be necessary to examine any library materials in your possession.
- Smoking, food, beverages, cell phones or any other inappropriate behaviors which may disturb others are not allowed in the Library. The Library reserves the right to deny a patron access to the Library.
- Computers in the Library can only be used for database searching.
- Use of library collections is subject to the Intellectual Property Protection Laws. Patrons will be held responsible for any unauthorized use.
- It is not allowed to leave behind personal items to reserve seats. Library staff will confiscate personal items left unattended on seats over 30 minutes. The Library is not liable for loss or damage to personal property.
Please refer to Library Hours for our service time. Due to the limited study space in the Main Library, the temporary library passes are not available per day during the midterm and final examination period.